Venus Teeth Whitening
At R. Ben Alexander, DDS, we provide our patients with Venus Teeth Whitening as an innovative and effective way to transform the appearance of teeth. If you no longer enjoy your smile, have yellow or dull looking teeth, dark stains, or simply need to refresh your appearance, call our office or go online to schedule an appointment. In one appointment, we can dramatically improve your smile so that you can feel confident just in time for a special occasion.
Venus is one of the best teeth whitening treatments that you can receive. When you visit our dental office for Venus Teeth Whitening, you can be confident that your smile will be whitened by eight shades or more. This is the most dependable way to improve the appearance of your smile without undergoing major dental work. In fact, we can complete this procedure on your lunch break. Everyone has time for a whiter smile!
How Venus Teeth Whitening Works
When you visit our family dentist office, Dr. Alexander will meet with you and examine your teeth and gums to determine if they are healthy enough for a cosmetic treatment. Once cleared for the procedure, these are the steps that we will take:
- Clean and polish your teeth to ensure that the whitening gel is being placed on clean teeth, rather than plaque buildup.
- Protect your lips with a special lip cream to avoid irritation.
- Place a retractor in your mouth to help pull back the lips and expose the teeth.
- You will bite down and rest your tongue on a cup that was placed in your mouth with the retractor.
- We will use a shade guide so that you can determine how white you want your teeth to be.
- After taking a photo of your teeth, we will place gauze inside of your mouth and a bib around your face, while giving you protective eyewear to use. This step can take a few minutes to ensure that the only area exposed to the whitening solution is your teeth.
- Next, we will place a protective solution on your gums.
- A protective solution is applied to your teeth and then the whitening gel is evenly brushed on.
As a Venus whitening dentist, we will shine a special laser light on your teeth to activate the whitening solution. This can usually take about fifteen minutes. Throughout the process, we will reapply the whitening solution and wipe away any access to ensure that your gums are not irritated. A benefit of checking your teeth every fifteen minutes is that it gives us control over how white your teeth become. There is no such thing as a perfect smile or the right shade of white – only what you find attractive and beautiful. With that in mind, we do our best to ensure that the final shade of your teeth is one that you are pleased with. Lastly, we will apply a finishing product and take a picture for you to compare your teeth before and after the Venus whitening treatment has been completed.
Why Use Venus Whitening?
Venus is better than whitening strips or over-the-counter treatments you can buy in the store. With Venus whitening, your teeth will become whiter faster than if you try a kit at home. Dr. Alexander will also ensure that your teeth are healthy and prevent any unnecessary sensitivity. This is a significant benefit of whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dentist. If you whiten them at home, you risk overexposure to the whitening solution and your teeth becoming sensitive as a result. Simultaneously, most over-the-counter solutions like whitening strips, trays, or toothpaste will only remove the surface stains on your teeth. Our Venus solution penetrates the enamel and begins the process of oxidation to help your teeth reflect less light and appear colorless. If you are interested in Venus teeth whitening or if you want to plan a visit to R. Ben Alexander, DDS, call our office or go online to schedule an appointment.